Helpful Family Law Resources Provided for Your Convenience
Michel & Rhyne helps clients throughout southern California with any type of family law legal matter, including divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, and more. Our lawyers have a combined 70-plus years of wide-ranging family law experience. For your convenience, we have provided the following informative list of online and hard copy resources. For information specific to your legal concern, contact our office to speak with a knowledgeable Irvine lawyer.
- The Judicial Branch of California’s Online Self-Help Center − The California courts’ website offers a wealth of information for individuals hoping to learn more about the divorce process and related family law controversies like child support, child custody, and spousal support.
- The California Guideline Child Support Calculator − Based on California’s Child Support Guidelines, the calculator can be used to estimate the amount of child support the court may order in your case.
- California Divorce Petition and other relevant paperwork − Familiarize yourself with the paperwork needed to file for divorce in California, or to respond accordingly. You can also find forms for annulment, support orders, and modification orders.
- Superior Court of California, County of Orange’s Family Law Unit − The Family Law Unit’s website provides helpful information for all family law matters, plus resources for obtaining records, making copies, and filing notices.
- Orange County Domestic Abuse Resources − Orange County’s Social Service Agency offers considerable help for victims of domestic abuse with lists of domestic abuse shelters, hotlines, and other resources.
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department Victim Referral Services − The Sheriff’s Department website provides in-depth analysis of domestic abuse and information on how victims can protect themselves.
- Violence Prevention Resource Directory − California’s Department of Public Health offers a compilation of useful domestic violence resources.
- American Bar Association Section of Family Law − Learn about the American Bar Association’s efforts to be the national leader in matrimonial and family law.
- The State Bar of California Family Law Section − The Family Law Section of California’s State Bar website provides extensive family law information and links to helpful legal publications.
Thoughtful Financial Planning for the Road Ahead
Megan M. Stirrat is a Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor, Certified Financial Planner and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst with Merrill Lynch. She has been guiding individuals through significant transitions in life, such as retirement and divorce, for over a decade. Megan understands clients’ changing and complex financial picture, sitting down with them to understand what is truly important. She serves as an integral member of the divorce team and proves to be an invaluable resource. She helps clients plan for the road ahead by addressing all aspects of their financial life.
Making the Right Decisions in Your Divorce
Too many people make bad divorce decisions that hurt themselves and their families. People considering or facing divorce need to see their options and consequences more clearly so they can choose wisely. A unique decision-making guide, Picture Your Divorce shows people what they need to know to make wise choices. Its key feature is the use of easy-to-understand decision diagrams. The experts say the decision-making pictures or diagrams work. Picture Your Divorce has been recognized by two national judging organizations as among the best guides to show people how to make the right divorce decisions. Picture Your Divorce is the 2011 National Indie Excellence® Book Award Finalist for Divorce, and a USA Book News® Best Books of 2011 Award Finalist for Parenting/Family: Divorce. It’s available everywhere books are sold online.
Consult a Trusted Orange County Family Law Attorney
If you need legal help with divorce or some other family law matter, contact Michel & Rhyne to learn how we can help.