Irvine Family Law Attorney − Karen A. Rhyne
Karen A. Rhyne is a successful family law and mediation attorney in Irvine, CA with more than 30 years of experience. Ms. Rhyne earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from California State University, Fullerton, in 1980. She went on to receive her law degree from Western State University School of Law in 1985. Ms. Rhyne was admitted to the California Bar the same year as her law school graduation.
Since beginning her law practice in the mid 1980s, Ms. Rhyne has distinguished herself as an accomplished Orange County lawyer. She is certified by the California State Board as a family law specialist and is highly sought after for legal matters involving divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, and so much more. A significant portion of Ms. Rhyne’s professional practice is dedicated to divorce mediation. She enjoys divorce mediation because coming together and settling differences helps couples save time, money, and is emotionally more satisfying for all.
Ms. Rhyne co-founded Michel & Rhyne in 1987 with friend and fellow family law attorney Michael L. Michel.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Rhyne is more than just a family law attorney that Orange County residents trust—she is an active member of her community, academia, and a number of professional associations. She is and has been involved in organizations that oversee the use and preservation of Newport Beach. Ms. Rhyne taught extension courses in family law at the University of California, Irvine for many years. She has also sat on the editorial board of the Journal of Child Custody from 2004-2014, and she is involved with the Orange County Community Foundation Veteran Services Initiation. Ms. Rhyne is an avid boater, long-time member of the Balboa Yacht Club (BYC) and a very involved and proud grandmother of four grandchildren.
- Western State University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- California State University, Fullerton, B.A., 1980
- California State Board Certified Specialist, Family Law, 1991 − Present
- University of California − Irvine, Family Law Adjunct Professor, 1992 − 2005
- Journal of Child Custody, The Haworth Press, Inc., Editorial Board, 2004 − 2014
- Orange County Bar Association − Fee Dispute Resolution, Arbitrator, 1999 − 2001
- Kids Cancer Connection, Board of Directors, 1985 − 1988
- Newport Harbor Commissioner, 2006 − 2014
- Newport Beach Harbor Commission, Chairman, 2009 – 2010
- City of Newport Beach – Charter Update Commission - 2010
- Recreational Boaters of California (RBOC), Director 2010 – Present (President - 2014)
- Newport Beach Aviation Committee 2014 – Present
- Tulane University Law School, Inter-session Faculty – 2015
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – presenter (California Domestic Violence Prevention Act [DVPA])- 2015
- Everything You Want to Know About Divorce, a seminar for women contemplating or actually going through divorce, Panelist with a financial planner and psychologist, hosted by the WIFE Institute
Contact a Reliable Irvine Attorney Today
Contact Attorney Karen A. Rhyne at Michel & Rhyne right away for help with your divorce or family law issue. Located in Irvine, the firm serves clients in Los Angeles and throughout Orange County.